Friday, August 21, 2015

The Mariners playoff game I missed [because of my mother]

On October 6, 2000, the Seattle Mariners played the Chicago White Sox at a sold out Safeco Field (yes the Mariners have sold out games other than Opening Day/Night). The Mariners won that game on a beautiful drag bunt by Carlos Guillen, but that's not the point of this entry!  My mom was there, so was my Aunt Carmen, my Uncle Ben and his best friend Tom Treese. Where was I? I was at school, crying on the inside because my mom wanted me to get an education at an elementary school where I was picked on because of my Autism and they had no special education program, whatsoever. Not that I'm bitter or anything... 

Here is that beautiful bunt by Carlos Guillen...

2000 ALDS SEA VS. CHW 

Luckily, this has a happy ending, I have recently bought a DVD set containing this playoff game in it's entirety. The added bonus is that you also have the option of listening to the Mariner's radio broadcast with the late, great Dave Niehaus & Rick Rizzs.

P.S. I love you Mom

2 comments: